Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A crazy day in a small world

Share


Had the craziest day, which started with this guy being shot up in Brooklyn lying in the street in front of me...
Image191
Image192

Image193
Image274

This girl walked up and asked me what happened. I told her that someone had been shot, she said, "Great my second day in New York and I witness a shooting." I noticed she had a London accent and told her I had lived in London for years. We got into a conversation about what it's like to live in London which lead to talking about how much we liked Brixton as a music and cultural center. I mentioned Speakers Corner, She was like "wait a did you say Speakers Corner?!" Was like "yeah I went a lot in London." Turns out she was here with a crew that I knew from speakers corner! What a small world! I think God works in mysterious ways. Speakers Corner, located in Brixton (not to be confused with “Speakers Corner” in Hyde Park)  is one of the UK’s most renowned hip hop events and host’s an open mic were performed numerous times when I was living in London. What are the odds right? This women bless her, comes to NY for the first time, witness a shooting and bumps into me, a guy who knows the same crew she dose in London. Here’s some Youtube Footage from Speakers Corner:


Phi Life Cypher at Speakers Corner

5 comments:

  1. That's pretty terrible to see that sort of thing right outside your door.  There are many people for whom something like that would just be completely alien.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah thats true but thats NY right? Thank god were moving upstate were we'll have some peace. O:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ניהול תיק השקעותSeptember 30, 2009 at 10:41 AM

    its a scary thing to wake up to.

    ניהול תיק השקעות

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep i can think of worse things but yeah its no fun. *DONT_KNOW*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah thats New York. Still a reality...

    ReplyDelete