Sunday, March 8, 2009

New York/Tokyo Subway.

Share
I thought it would be interesting to compare the New York subway to the Tokyo system. In Tokyo, in an entire year the trains are only late by 90 seconds. 90 SECONDS!!! In New York I've waited hours for a train!!! Sometimes I wait all night, only to have the train go past my stop on the way uptown. So then I gotta take a downtown train which also skips my stop. Everywhere I go the train either isn't stopping there because of never ending construction, or I gotta go up, down to the side, all over the damn city because EVERY LINE HAS CONSTRUCTION WORK!!! I've actually had nights I've gone out, been on the train late at night and finally got home the afternoon of the next day. Not to mention the New York subway is run down, decrepit, has garbage every were and rats the size of cats running around the platform. So here's a collection of pictures from both cities:


















































No comments:

Post a Comment